Meadowlands YMCA Policies
The YMCA is a membership organization, active in over 90 countries around the globe. With any of the various types of membership offered at the Meadowlands Area YMCA, an individual becomes part of this worldwide fellowship of men, women, and children. Meadowlands YMCA is non-profit organization that embraces the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. As a member, you agree to adhere to these values. If at any time your behavior does not align with these values, the YMCA has the right to revoke your membership status.
- Y issued Membership Cards must be presented at every visit. Lost cards will be replaced for $5. Up to three warning may be issued before access to the facility is denied.
- Members without membership cards, spectators, and guests must check in at the Welcome Center.
- Members are expected to obey our code of conduct by behaving in a mature and responsible way, respecting the rights of others, and reporting to staff in the case of emergencies. Profane language, spitting, sexual harassment, discrimination, intimidation, lewd and sexual acts, and verbal or physical disputes will not be tolerated.
- Members may not offer or provide personal training, coaching, or private instruction without written authorization from a Meadowlands YMCA Director anywhere within our facility.
- Permission must be granted from Y Administration prior to taking any onsite photos or videos.
- Vandalizing or defacing facility property or that of members is prohibited.
- Theft of any facility equipment or that of members will result in contacting local authorities.
- Possession or usage of any and all smoking products (tobacco, electronic cigarettes, hookah, etc.), alcohol, or illegal drugs is forbidden.
- Do not use electronic devices (cell phone, audible pager, computer, audio-video equipment, etc.) in ways that disturb others.
- The Meadowlands YMCA is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Securing all items in a locker is highly recommended.
- Proper athletic shoes and shirts must be worn while using the facility at all times. Shoes should be close-toed and non-marking.
- In case of inclement weather, call (201) 955-5300 or visit our website for information on class cancellations, delayed openings, or facility closures. Participants will be notified if there is a makeup class.
- Men’s and Women’s locker rooms, steam rooms, and saunas are reserved for adults (18+). Youth members may use the Girls and Boys Locker Rooms.
- Gender neutral Family Bathrooms are available for those with children or special needs.
- All youth activities end by 8pm. Youth may remain in the facility under direct supervision of an adult.
- Must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Bags, large coats and other personal items may not be brought into the wellness center.
- All members and guests must wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Chalk is not permitted in the wellness center.
Permitted to use the cardio deck area with direct adult supervision after completing the Youth Wellness Orientation. Must wear a red wristband provided by the Welcome Desk.
If a youth member in the Wellness Center is suspected to be under 15 years old and without a wristband, a staff member will verify their age and check that they’ve completed the Youth Wellness Orientation. They’ll then be directed to the Welcome Desk to receive the proper wristband identification color.
*Youth Wellness Orientations are performed by our Wellness Director, Chris Gonzalez. Please contact her for availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please refrain from bringing glass bottles or food containers into the gym area.
- If not previously reserved, courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Dunking is permitted during YMCA league games, otherwise, please avoid hanging or pulling on the basket rim.
- To set up another sport, such as volleyball, pickleball, indoor soccer, badminton, or others, please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Use proper indoor sporting equipment, such as indoor soccer balls, plastic hockey sticks, etc. If you have any questions about your equipment please consult an Intramural Director or Facility Supervisor.
In Child Watch, children ages 6 months – 8 years old play under the supervision of caring, trained Y staff. For the safety of children, every parent or guardian using the Child Watch service will be required to sign in and sign out on the log sheets in the Child Watch area. The parent/guardian who drops their child off must also be the one to sign out the child. There is a 2-hour limit of this service per day. Child Watch is operated on a first come, first served basis. Please call ahead for children ages 6 -12 months.