Before / After School Care
Available at schools in Carlstadt and East Rutherford
The Meadowlands YMCA is renowned for providing innovative childcare options that are designed to provide quality care for children before and after school. Our program focuses on building self-confidence and character through education-based activities. We emphasize the Y’s four core values of character development—caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – in every area of our before and after school care programs.
Our, before and after school program, also known as School Age Child Care (SACC), is offered in a safe and productive environment. All SACC programs are licensed childcare sites by the State of New Jersey, Department of Human Services. Children in our SACC programs do not need to be YMCA member but everyone must be registered and have a current parent pack on file to begin the program.
Our Goal is to Provide
- A warm, caring, and safe environment under the guidance of an experienced staff.
- Each child the opportunity to develop their self-confidence and social skills.
- Developmentally appropriate activities that stimulate creativity and encourage learning through fun and discovery.
2022-2023 School Year
- Arts and Humanities
- Character Development
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Homework Help
- Social Competence and Conflict Resolution
- Service Learning
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math)
- Snacks provided